Friday, September 25, 2009

Vijaya Dashami - Dashain - Subhakamana

First of all, I would like to wish a very Happy Vijaya Dashami and Bada Dashain to all my readers who have visited talkingforum.wordpress.com. Dashain is the greatest festival of Nepal and for all Nepalese around the world. This festival is celebrated as a mark of victory of truth over untruthfulness. There are different mythological and religious stories about Dashain and there are different reasons for it for its celebration. Without going in details the reasons behind its celebaration, what can be safely concluded is it is the biggest festival in Nepal and gives the perfect reasons for Nepalese to meet their relatives; to return to country and homes for those who are far from their home.

Last year, I went my home to celebrate Dashain. That was after 5 straight years. But, this year, I again could not go in this Dashain. I may go home only in December this year.

While recalling those good days of Dashain last year and five years before, the blessings given by parents, grand parents with the sanskrit chant of hymns which starts as "aayu drona sute" counts a lot. In Childhood, sometimes, Dashain must have meant money that we used to get from maternal grandparents, but in all essence, the meetings with family members, the blessings by each others and meeting with relatives is just superb that places this festival entirely on a new pedestal.

I wished to write a Dashain Nepali Kabita for this Dashain but because of some other busy schedule, I have not been able to put down anything. Hopefully, Dashain Nepali Kabita, I can write, in some other days within this Dashain.

I am feeling little sad this time not to be in Home. My many friends went home and wished that I could also go. But, the issues of leave. Hope next time, I can fly with them when I go to airport to see off my friend at the airport.

Once again, finally, I wish all of you a happy Vijaya Dashami/Bijaya Dashami and Hope that Durga Maata le Tapai ko Sabai Kalyan Garun. (May 'Durga Bhawani' bless you forever and show you the great path in life)

No comments:

Post a Comment