Thursday, October 1, 2009

Goodbye Dashain-----See You Next year !!

My previous blog entry was on "Aayu drona sute". In that blogpost, I had written about meaning of "Aayu drona sute" which is a Sanskrit hymns that our parents chant when the offer Tika on our forehead. Now, Dashain is almost over. Dashain will be over on the day of Kojagrat Purnima, which is 15th day of Dashain and as per lunar calendar, this day we can see the full moon.

The full moon day in Nepali is called 'Purnima'. There are many poems, stories and sayings based on Purnima in नेपाली साहित्य (Nepali Literature). 'Purnima ko Jun Jasto' is a phrase widely used in Nepali Sahitya (नेपाली साहित्य). 'Purnimako Jun Jasto' is a phrase which always ends with the word Ujjyalo, having a lot of light. So, there can be phrase like your face is purnimako jun jasto/purnimako jun jasto ujyalo. Generally, when people use the phrase 'purnimako jun jasto', the word 'ujyaalo(means light)' need not be said, as that is understood easily.

The words Purnima, Jun, Chandra are also words they are widely used in nepali gazal ( नेपाली गजल)/
nepaligajal . As we all know that gazal was derived from Urdu and Arabic, but Nepali Gazal has easily adapted this and these days, many people are writing Nepali Gazal. I am also heavily interested in Nepali Gazal but it is very difficult to write a Nepali Gazal which describes our great festival dashain. mero mukh ma ta sadhaai maya prem ko nepali gazal matra aauchhaaa!!!

I have tried a lot to write a Nepali gazal which can describe dashain but I have miserably failed till now. Hopefully, I can write soon here and upload for all the readers.
In Nepali, there are various poems (Kabita) on Dashain. Like Nepali poet, Kabi Siromani Lekhnath Paudyal has written a dashain Kabita 'Hatyo Sara Hilo Mailo, Harayo Pani ko Barsa' (All muddy and dirty scenes around are over, and the rain has vanished!!! This describes the period when Dashain is just to come after rainy season in Nepal and Season enters into festival mood). Unfortunately, In Nepal, especially in Kathmandu, this year rained even on the Day of Dashain. It may be because of Climate Change and Warming. may be I do not know!

Nepali kabita are different from nepali ghazals in the sense, Nepali kabitas have their own rules which are popularly called Chhand. Though there are freestyle Nepali Kabita, still, they are different than Gazhals in the sense Nepali Kabitas are untouched by Urdu and Arabic Rules.

Now, in the backdrop of waving goodbye to Dashain festival, I bless all of my readers with dashain festival blessing mantra. Let all my readers are blessed with "aayu drona sute" meaning of which has been already written in my previous entry. For the time being, My blessings to you and hopefully, I can write nepali gazal to enrich(hopefully to enrich) नेपाली साहित्य in my future days. I also expect to write some "Nepali kabita haru"/Nepali Poems in the future to revive my interests in Nepali Literature.

For the time being, my good wishes to you...........Dashain subhakamana before I bid a goodbye to this year's Dashain. Goodbye Vijaya Dashami, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment